Here I link TBI related community events, articles, videos, podcasts and blogs that I find helpful. If you have a resource you find valuable please contact me and I will gladly add it to the list!
- TBI Support Groups in Alaska
- For those caring for a loved one with a TBI there is an organization that supports all your effort! caregiver.org
- Here are podcasts that raise awareness about TBI:
- Concussion Talk Podcast– hosted by Nick Mercer who is a TBI survivor. Each episode is anywhere from 12 -30 minutes long. Nick features guests who are brain injury recovery experts from a wide variety of backgrounds (speech therapists to neurologists).
- Faces of TBI– “For Survivors by Survivors”; average length 35 minutes; each episode features a new guest who relates to TBI recovery
- Adventures in Brain Injury– hosted by brain injury survivor Calvin Balaster. Average length is 1 hour/15 minutes; each episode features a professional guest promoting brain health tips and approaches.
-I am a therapist in Anchorage, Alaska. You can learn more about me at my website.